Monday, 20 June 2022
Thursday, 2 June 2022
Tuesday, 3 May 2022
Tuesday, 26 April 2022
Thursday, 7 April 2022
Tuesday, 5 April 2022
Friday, 1 April 2022
Monday, 7 March 2022
Tuesday, 1 March 2022
Monday, 28 February 2022
Wednesday, 23 February 2022
Thursday, 3 February 2022
Tuesday, 1 February 2022
Monday, 31 January 2022
Sunday, 30 January 2022
What is Backwards Day?
Backwards day is just a normal day, apart from you do everything you'd usually do backwards! This is a lot of fun and a great opportunity to encourage children to think creatively about what they can do to celebrate the day.
When is Backwards Day?
Backwards Day is on the 31st of January every year.
Ideas for getting involved in backwards day:
- Say "olleh!" to your friends
- Put your clothes on back to front.
- Eat dessert or dinner for breakfast and have breakfast for dinner.
- Try reading your favourite book or poem backwards.
- Write a message to a friend in backwards handwriting.
- Try to have a conversation whilst speaking in backwards language.
- Have a race from the finish line to the starting point.
- Play a board game backwards.
- Say 'goodbye' to greet your friends and 'hello' when you leave them.
- Get children to teach their parents or teachers.
When was Backwards Day invented?
Believe it or not, Backwards Day began in 1961, ..........................